Saturday, April 24, 2010

Vary your veggies (or just eat a lot of them!)

Aside from running going pretty well lately (even my longer runs are a little faster paced) I've been managing to get a lot more nutrients into my diet. Mike and I went to California Pizza Kitchen last night and I got Chicken Milanese, which is lightly breaded chicken with arugula, diced tomatoes, thinly sliced mozarella, and olive oil. It was delicious and made me think I should be brave and attempt to eat salad. So, when we went to Chicken Out tonight not only did I be brave and eat a turkey burger (my new obsession) with a side of VEGGIES but I also got a chicken spinach salad to go! So that will be my experiment for lunch tomorrow.

My long run went well today, dropped down to 12 miles (instead of the usual 16) in preparation for next week's half marathon. Almost all miles were in the 7:40s and the last few were 7:28,7:21, and 7:10 which is decent for a long run. Tomorrow morning perhaps I will attempt to do hills at Loch Raven. The sleep hasn't been going as well as I would like but I managed to sleep in a bit to catch up on a few hours the last few nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment