Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Trail Manners

So since my 8 mile run today was pretty much slow in 8-8:15 min/mile (due to yesterday's workout) and not all that exciting, I decided to talk about a few things I noticed while on the NCR trail.
1. First and foremost, DOGS. Due to my past encounter (s) with dogs, one in which I was knocked over in the middle of the road by one, I have many issues with them. Also, obviously I am not afraid of them if they are on a leash, but it's still not nice to be lunged at! Dog owners: pull the darn leash tighter, that's what it's there for! I have no problem with cute little dogs otherwise, but I don't like it when they interrupt my run. I have also been followed around my neighborhood by many dogs, fearing that they will not find their way home, but then again it is not my responsibility. However, some people keep very good control of their dogs and I give them props.
2. CROSS WALKS. About 0.5 miles into NCR there is a crosswalk that is clearly marked on Papermill Rd. However, as I attempt to clearly step out onto the road, I sometimes back up as many cars continue to speed through it!
3. People walking or running with others across the entire width of the trail, then looking at me as if I should move. I believe it is common knowledge: Stay on the right side, or at least move over to make room. I am not going to run through the woods for you.

So that is my complaining session for now haha. I think this is all stuff that some other runners have noticed as well (or from what I've talked about with other people). One other thing that tends to annoy me that is actually sort of amusing is the people on bicycles with the little bells. I find it funny when they start ringing them repeatedly from very far away, and then I am on the lookout for like forever. Oh and I also ran over a squirrel today (literally, it jumped out in front of me while I was running). Body Combat launch #2 went well today, except for when I went to pump my fist in the air enthusiastically, and everyone thought it was a new move.

No comments:

Post a Comment