Thursday, April 29, 2010

Running Club Begins!

So yesterday was just 5 miles easy and then teach Body Combat. The gym was packed and so that meant class was pretty full which always makes for a fun night! A lot of people are really starting to like the new release which is good to hear. Sword katas are fun now that we know how to do it!

After I taught I was starving so I went to Baskin Robbins only to discover it was 31 cent scoop night. You would think this is good, but in my opinion it ruined my treat. It was absolutely packed with kids and their parents, you have to pay for it BEFORE you get in line, and then I find out it's a KIDS scoop! So after I ate dinner finally at just before 9, I watched the Blind Side, which was a heart-warming movie but really hardly about football at all.

Today was 6 miles easy 2 of which included 10 45 sec pick ups at 8k-10k pace so the splits were 8:01,7:42,7:42,7:50,7:56, and 8:19. Then sissy and I met for lunch again which is good bc eating at home gets boring. Tried to restore my faith in ice cream stores by going to Coldstone to get sorbet/fat free sweet cream, only to find AGAIN (it seems to be a trend during the day at coldstone) that they were stingy. I'm pretty sure it barely filled the cup. Next practice which was 6 200s for the distance people which I tried to convince them was really hardly anything at all, compared to what they've done in other practices.

Tonight was the first night for the Brick Bodies Running Club which went well- everyone is really motivated and already seem to be encouraging each other! They also all want to get started on their personalized programs right away which is a great sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment