Monday, April 26, 2010

Taper Mode

Today marks official taper mode for this Sunday's half marathon. I wasn't sure whether to do a few easy miles or not, but when the track meet was postponed til next Monday, meaning I had to teach both of my Monday night classes, I decided to take a day off from running. Generally, before a longer race, I try to take 2 days off from running the week leading up to it, so I will take Friday off completely as well.

Franklin practice went well for those who showed up. Christine couldn't make it so I was in charge of the sprinters which is always a fun change up. They did 8 150's. Attendance is no where near where it should be, but those who consistently come are making huge improvements. They are also starting to understand the benefits of drills, warming up, running at 80% effort, coming on time, etc. No meets this week until Saturday so we need to have a good week of attendance and effort at practice!

Had a delicious chicken TBM sandwich at Cosi followed my lowfat ice cream at Baskin Robbins. I also slept very late this morning which was great since I needed it. I certainly didn't mind no running today since it was raining when I woke up! Teaching went well as I finally have eliminated almost all errors when teaching the new releases and the members are starting to enjoy them. Also had like 6 new people total in both classes which is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment