Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mile Repeats - The (More) Fun Way/ Why must the Kenyans steal my thunder?

Today was my last workout of mile repeats before the race Sunday, only 3 of them. It is suppose to be at 10 sec per mile faster than half marathon pace, so about 6:40. That was somewhat hard to hit and it ended up being 6:43,6:44, and 6:50, which I'm really not even worried about because sometimes it is hard to get into a rhythm during taper week, plus I did it on the trail and it is even harder to get into a rhythm there compared to a track. I'm trying to incorporate more forward lean and BACKWARD arm swing like I learned in ChiRunning, but really it's not a good idea to change too much right before a race. 2 mi WU and 2 mi CD plus .5 mi jogs in between repeats made it 8 mi total.

Then for lunch met with sissy at CPK where I did not in fact get pizza, but instead my favorite new dish Chicken Milanese - lightly breaded chicken with arugula, diced tomatoes, and sliced mozzarella -delicious! Practice was good but I was ready to crash after, probably because I didn't get enough sleep last night - I am often restless when I know I am waking up early to drive to the trail.

On to another topic that is actually really annoying me. So, first let me say, to any race directors, for my sanity's sake, please do not post entry lists!!!! All this results in is my reading them, scanning for who listed their half marathon PR, and stalking them on athlinks.com! Seeing as this is a small race this weekend I was hoping maybe I could place. However, I forgot one issue: it is in Alexandria, which neighbors DC, more of a hotbed for running than some other places in the MD/DC/VA area. So as I scroll down the list I see a 1:18!!!! Who is this? A Kenyan. Can they like not count, please, just this once?! Or perhaps lets have a race just for the Kenyans, so we can let the running gods compete against one another, and the rest of us mortals race each other. Also, I found out that some of the people who listed 1:30 or less PRs actually do not run anywhere near those times which I found amusing.

Anyway, off to maybe start watching the Blind Side which I will finish tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment