Thursday, April 22, 2010

10k time trial/Penn Relays

The title basically sums up my morning and evening highlights for the day. For the morning, I did a 10k timed trial at Half Marathon pace on the NCR trail (warmup from 0.5 to 2, stretch, out to 6 and back to sparks (3.8). Splits were 6:47,6:52,6:55,6:59,6:52,6:54,and 1:17 for .2 for a total of 42:39, which is pretty much what I got for the only 10k race I ever did back in 2008. So that's a good sign that what my race times used to be are actually now my workouts. Bad news is then I had to jog 3 miles back to Papermill parking lot haha. The knee didn't bother me much today but I suppose that could be from the advil, haha.

Tonight marked the last night for my group personal training program. Everyone had MAJOR improvements in muscular endurance with the numbers they maxed out at for pushups, wall sit, plank, situps, and tricep dips. Now for the running club next Thursday!

Also I'm currently watching the Penn relays online. In the 5k, representing Bmore, Laura Paulsen from Johns Hopkins was on the list of runners, but she wasn't in the results so I guess she scratched. Right now the Women's Olympic Development 5k is on and the winner got a 15:43. It's insane to think that that is about the time a very good male might run to win a 5k road race in the Bmore area.

No comments:

Post a Comment