Friday, May 7, 2010

Why must I be such a tight ass??

And no... I don't mean my personality. My right glute has been killing me ever since the beginning of this week after the race!!!

So Wednesday was obviously easy run - 8 miles, and teach. However easy is always relative around my neighborhood since it is so hilly. Then I went to the trail Thursday and figured I should lay off of distance intervals so that I'm not so hard on myself, and just run time intervals. So, within a 10 mile run I did (after 3 miles) minute intervals of 1,2,3,2,1,2,3, with 3 min jogs in between which is a decent jog time to allow recovery. I must have been going pretty fast because my overall splits for those 4 miles (averaging recovery jogs and pickups) were 7:21, 7:27, 7:17, and 7:28. Although then I was hobbling all day because my hip/low back/glute is incredibly inflamed - you can even see a noticeable difference in the two sides.

So today I said I would just do 6, but ended up doing 8 miles. My legs were so dead, I'm really glad I didn't wear a watch because I was probably trotting at 8:45-9 min/mile pace. I need to cut back more (hence the dead legs) but I know that I'll be tapering next week then recovering the following week (the week of my birthday) when I'm only going to be running 2/7 days. Tomorrow is a 16 mile long run BEFORE county meet which means 6 am woo hoo!! I've been doing a good job of eating more fruits and veggies which I am very proud of.

A thought I had today at the Cockeysville Giant - Why do they only have 2 checkout lanes, forcing you to utilize the self-checkout, which is so hard to use that they end up using employees to help you anyway? Doesn't seem to make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment