Saturday, May 22, 2010

Much Needed Recovery Week

So today marked the end of my much needed recovery week. I only did about 20 miles total I believe, and cross trained more than usual for a good change of pace (no pun intended). However, I guess I really had been putting my body through hell, because if I felt the urge to run more than intended this week and starting to do an extra mile during a run, my legs were hurting. Guess I needed the recovery week more than I thought! It pays off to listen to your body.

Last night I actually had a few drinks to celebrate bday/graduation and was reminded why as a runner, I typically don't drink. Just 4 LIGHT mike's hard lemonades and I woke up dehydrated and slightly hung over. Did not make for a very enjoyable run this morning! However my legs are still feeling relatively fresh except for a little sore from spinning but that's just because I hadn't done that in a while. Looking forward to starting up some more 5k type training and doing a 5k or 10k in June to see how that works out!

1 comment:

  1. You'll do great at the shorter distances! If it's 5k and under count me in! Otherwise, I'll be cheering for you at the finish! Haha!

    ReplyDelete