Saturday, May 8, 2010

Little Darlin' Here Comes the Sun...

Being a lyric person, I thought this was appropriate with how I started my day. Woke up at 5 am to have a GU gel and banana before getting ready to head to the trail for my long run. Didn't get light out until halfway there.

My dilemma today was, with counties starting at 9 am (which I knew would be a long and tiring track meet, surely not fun to run AFTER), should I change my long run to Sunday? I decided that I should just stick to my usual schedule, especially since doing my long run closer to my next race (next Sunday) would not be best for me. So, I sucked it up and figured out what time I would need to get to the trail and eating breakfast after, which I never do... but hey, waking up even earlier than 5 am to eat was not worth it. I was also surprised to find several other people out on the trail at 6 am!

The run went well, running almost all 16 miles in the 7:30s and 7:40s and dropping the last 3 (before a mile CD) to 7:22,7:08, and 6:59. The only drawbacks from such a good run today were that 1) I was hobbling around at counties (I actually managed to plop myself down at the 200m mark to give splits and not get up), 2) now my butt hurts even MORE, even when I'm just laying down, and 3) my hill repeats might totally suck or not even be doable tomorrow. And obviously a drawback of running that early is that I was exhausted all day.

The track meet went well particularly for JV girls who had a ton of PRs. That's what good competition will do for ya. Also Jenna is improving consistently on her mile (I think she got 3rd for JV?) and should be under 6 min very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment