Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Eat, Sleep, and Run.. with less emphasis on sleep lately

So this week is already insanely busy, causing me to wake up pretty early in the morning to run which we know I already did Saturday. Sunday I ran at Loch Raven and my butt was pretty sore to be attacking those sort of hills, but I guess I brought it upon myself. Then mother's day which was nice. Monday was sissy and mommy's law school graduation, which I then went straight from to go teach at the gym. Today I woke up early to go to the trail and did some tempo work but nothing too crazy since i'm sort of in post-season mode and also the glute is miserable right now.

The workout was 2 mi WU/CD and intervals of 3 mi, 2 mi, and 1 mi in that order, with 90 sec jogs between. Times were 20:37 (6:51, 6:51, 6:54), 13:34 (6:46,6:48) and 6:40. My goal is to be able to really get that 1 mile time down. Obviously it's not one mile all out, but I should be able to blast my last mile. Although, once I start doing more speedwork during June, I should have a much better kick... or so I hope.

Can't forget the most important thing tonight... my brand new car! Loving XM radio :-) Off to bed to catch up on sleep then massage tomorrow after my morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment